Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No Mushrooms, Please





     A new Twitter campaign from Mellow Mushroom has everyone talking...and possibly calling the cops. The idea is extremely simple: If you follow Mellow Mushroom on Twitter, there's a possibility a giant, scary looking yellow blob that kind of resembles a mushroom will follow you. Word of mouth for the execution is spreading really quickly, and I've seen several articles about it on websites not focused on advertising. I just don't get it. The idea is funny, but it doesn't tie into any bigger thought. And it definitely doesn't make me want to order a pizza. It makes me want to change my phone number and delete my Twitter account. I see it as a cool way to get followers, but at the end of the day Twitter followers aren't going to necessarily translate into customers. For me this falls short. I'll stick to Domino's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment